Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Action Plan Journal #1

Journal #1

I've been thinking about this idea to create and publish a manga since 9th grade. I wasn't able to pursue that idea until the middle of 10th grade. I wanted to get my drawing skills to a certain level so that I will be able to  complete the manga. Since I was a self-taught artist, I felt compelled to do a little research on ways to approach making a manga. The first step in making a manga is brainstorming an idea. 9th-10th grade I spent my time reading graphic novels, books, and watching tutorials. Looking at other peoples' work wasn't enough, I wanted to develop my own style so that I could express it in my manga. I eventually developed my own style and started to make a working script. Once I was able to organize my thoughts on the script, I drew rough sketches in a notebook. In the same notebook, I drew panels for the sequential art layout.

I decide to call the manga, Glass Hearts. I'm not positive that is going to be the final title but...yeah.

In the next couple journals I will post pictures of the manga pages in various stages and the different materials that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment