Thursday, January 10, 2013

Assignment 1: Grad Project Topic

My graduation project topic is going to be on the process of making a manga and publishing it. For my action plan I will make a 30 to 40 page graphic novel. I know most of the terms associated with manga such as shonen, shoujo, seinen, yuri, yaoi etc. I know the process of making a graphic novel specifically a manga, is a very long processs. It requires time, money, and a deep level of dedication.
The research will consist of different issues within publishing companies, materials need to make a novel, estimated amount of money to make one, and tips on taking your final product in for publishing.

 I realized that it would take me longer than the normal time to complete one, so I started early on my action plan. I am currently working on the story boarding now. Story boarding comprises of making a quick sketch of a panel. I plan on using pen and ink to complete a black and white comic. The kind of graphic novel I want to want write will have to be read right to left and top to bottom. I will have to consider possible names for the graphic novel.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting & I think it's very cool that you're interested in the Japanese culture; so much that you are willing to create a book that is well known in the culture. I, myself have actually read one, & they are rather entertaining, of course depending on the genre.

    Good job &good luck on your story boarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the one you started the same one you scolded me for looking at during lunch yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it's good that you're doing something like this. My question to you is, is a Manga a certain type of ethnicity comic book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's basically a japanese comic read right to left. I will post an example.

      Delete
  4. Good luck. Writing, drawing and publishing is quite the feat.

    ReplyDelete