Friday, March 8, 2013

What's happening?


Let's see.....

I finally did my interview with Mr.Wilk. (I don't really call him that. Joseph) I was surprised that he knew a lot about my topic. I didn't expect a librarian to know a lot about a book genre that is often cast off. We discussed the library's process of importing new manga. Joseph is an assistant librarian in the teen section but, he pays attention to the anime and manga hype. We also had a discussion on the difference between American and Japanese comics.

Vocab: Hand sell - a librarian's personal recommendation to read a book by their experience in reading the book

Action plan stuff.....

I bought a new Non-photo blue pencil. It was on sale for 30% off.(dealz...) I started to ink the first page of the manga. Using a brush tip Copic Ciao Marker, I filled in the large areas with black ink. For the smaller details, I would use the dip ink(which I still don't have.....I just ordered it yesterday) and pen nibs. (there many kinds of pen nibs but my main four are the: G-pen, Maru, Quill, Spoon) The different types of pen nibs gives you a variety of line thickness to pick from. G-pens are the most popular because the tip of the nib bends to how much pressure you put on the pen. It's really great for inking faces, hair, and clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment